The Dean St Theatre was refurbished in 2009 creating a room designed purely for theatrical mixing. The Andy Munro acoustically designed room now has space for six edit stations, but retains directors’ chairs as close as possible to the mixers. The first projects in the new Dean Street theatre were the final mixes for Fantastic Mr Fox, Kick Ass, Mike Leigh's Another Year and Anton Corbijn’s The American.
With a single 35mm projector, a High Definition V-cube hard disc player and access to various HD formats for playback, the theatre is well appointed to serve the film maker. Additionally, there is a Foyer and bar area immediately outside the theatre which can be utilised as overflow production space, or to take the all important call for the next project.
"Working with both Adrian Rhodes and Mark Paterson was terrific. Both their creative contribution, and their attention to detail was of the highest level, and their collaboration with myself and the entire production team was first class. (And the tea was pretty good too !!)"
- Andy Nelson, Sound Editor / Mixer 'Pirates! In an Adventure With Scientists'
“I love the way Wuthering sounds. Goldcrest is the best. The people there are passionate about making films. They care. They know what they are talking about and they are nice with it. Working with them was the bees knees.”
- Andrea Arnold – Director, 'Wuthering Heights'
Sound review of Wuthering Heights from I-flicks
"I couldn't be happier with the brilliant work you guys did on Attack the Block - the whole experience was a total pleasure. You got the 'Bare Skills for Soundz!' Let’s do it again! "
- Joe Cornish, Director, 'Attack the Block'
"The whole experience at Goldcrest was great - obviously Jamie's work sounded top but from my perspective the runners and tech guys were really on top of things so thanks very much for having us and also thanks for sorting out all these last minute sessions."
- Will Cohen, Sound Design & Music Composition on The Guardian’s award winning 'Three Little Pigs Commercial'
Re-Recording Mixer Mark Paterson
Temp Mix, ADR
Final Mix, Deliveries
Sound Design, Foley, Mix, Deliveries
Temp Mix, ADR
Temp Mix, ADR, Production Offices
Final Mix, Sound Editorial, ADR/VO
Theatrical & TV Final Mix
- 1 of 2
- room = 13 x 17m
- screen = 6 x 2.5 m
- seating = 31 cinema style seats
- 48 Fader Neve DFC 2
- 2 x Quad Madi Cards
- 8 x XSP Cards w/t Mezzanines
- Colin Broad RM6 Master Transport
- Dolby Full Theatrical license
- Panasonic HD Projector (720p)
- 35 mm Sondor Nova Film Projector
- V-Cube HD playback system
- Tri-amped JBL 5000 surround sound
- Dolby CP650 Digital Cinema Processor
- HD3 48 track dubber
- HD3 96 i/o playback
- both running PTv 10.0
- both 8 core Apple Mac Pro
- TC Electronics System 6000
- Lexcion 960 L
- Eventide DSP4000 B+
- Cedar DNS 1000 noise reduction unit
- 2 x DBX120A Subharmonic Synths
- DK Audio MSD 600m Jellyfish Meter
- Dolby DMU
- Various Plug-ins
- Blueray Player
- Freesat Box